PregnancyTicker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

killed two birds with one car...



The incident happened on Wednesday 2/18/09 on my way home from work. I was driving on 240 N and had made it to about exit 28. I spotted two birds flying, which I think were hawks, chasing each other and fighting. (no, they were not attempting to mate). I got really nervous because they started flying closer to the road. The two stupid things flew right down into the middle of traffic and began to hover and fight in the lane I was driving in. I yelled at them to get out of the way, like they could hear me or understand me, but no. The poor things just stayed there. I couldn't swerve, I couldn't slam on my brakes, I'm on the interstate, so...

POOF! Giant explosion of feathers. Two birds. Dead. With one car.

At first I was mad and yelled out "You stupid birds!!!!" Then I got really upset... and burst out crying. Who else would this happen to other than me?! So unfair!! TWO birds at once?! Really??

Just a fact about me, I have an abnormal love for animals- wild, domestic, ugly, cute... all of them. Well, with the exception of bees and mosquitoes. Anyway, I think animals are precious and beautiful creatures of God. I usually cry if I pass a dead dog or cat on the road. Hitting animals is a real tragedy in my world. Fortunately it hasn't happened very often. But it happened Wednesday and it ruined my entire evening.

So I call Chris first and cry to him about it and being the sweetheart that he is, he offers his condolences and promises to give me a huge hug when I get home.

I couldn't stop crying so I call Mom. And of course my mom has wisdom to impart. She says it's odd that I tell her this story because she was just thinking about me and Christopher and how difficult marriage is. She asked me what those two birds were doing. Well, they were fighting and not paying attention to their surroundings. And as a consequence, they were destroyed. :( The same goes for us married couples. Stop fighting and pay attention to the devil's schemes, or else you might be destroyed. Such an interesting illustration that is very true.

Moral of the story: Love your husband! oh, and watch out for birds when you're driving.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So powerful! There is a lessen to be learned in just about every thing and what a good one to come out of something so sad.

    Good thing you were paying attention. That would have been quite a shock if you'd poofed them without any warning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..honey! I am sorry you hit those silly birds! I know how that upsets you! But I am rather impressed with your mom
    s analogy...she is a smart smart woman...must be where you get it from! :)

    ReplyDelete