PregnancyTicker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

where's home?

I've been pondering and I am just so ready to have a home.  I hate moving from place to place, making friends, then leaving them.... getting to know a city, then leaving it...  becoming involved in a church, then leaving it...  and Lord knows I hate packing and moving.

I'm from Oak Ridge- a nice little town outside of Knoxville.  I had a great time growing up there- I always felt safe, I had a good church home, and an excellent education.  I lived there for 18 years.

Then I went off to college.  Chattanooga, TN was my "home" for four years.  I loved it there.  I met my husband there.  :)

Then I graduated and moved to Knoxville, TN because I was going to grad school.  After my two summer classes, I decided that I was too sick to pursue any further education at that point.  So I hung out for a while and worked at Walgreens for 8 months.

Then Chris and I decided we were too far away from each other, so I followed him and moved to Memphis, TN.  I never did feel like Memphis was my home, but I made some of my best friends there, I had a wonderful church family and an amazing job.  And a really cute house.

Then Chris graduated from medical school and off we went to Lexington, KY.  We'll live here for at least 4 years...  just enough time for it to feel like "home."

So I guess the saying is true that "home is where the heart is..."  but when your heart is shared across a million different places, where's home?

2 comments:

  1. We are just passing through on earth....we won't be truly HOME until we go back to be with God....this is just temporary and a big test for us and an opportunity to know God and grow in a relationship with Him!
    Just enjoy wherever you are and whatever you are doing! But, most of all , love God and get to know Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where ever Chris is will be your home and I'm sure the same goes for him.

    ReplyDelete