PregnancyTicker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

slacker

My last blog post was a month ago and it wasn't very exciting.  And it had been a while since I'd posted before that one too.  I have been meaning to write more frequently, but I have lacked motivation for some reason.  Perhaps I feel like nothing in my life has been blog-worthy recently.  Well, that's not true, really.  My birthday and Easter were last month.  There were visits to Oak Ridge and Mt Juliet, and there was Mother's Day and my cousin's wife's college graduation.  So stuff has been happening, but let's face it, I've been lazy.  Perhaps I'm too busy playing on Facebook at night or watching episodes of LOST on Netflix.  (which by the way, Chris and I succeeded in watching all 5 seasons over the last couple of months and have since caught up to the current episode of season 6.  I will be sad when the series ends.)  In any event, my blogging/journaling/posting-of-pictures has seriously been slacking.

So today is a beautiful Saturday, but I'm too hot (as usual).  At least the sun is shining and there is a light breeze!  Topher and I made blueberry wheat pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning.  Delicious.  I got some groceries at Kroger Marketplace this afternoon while Chris helped our friend Teague put up some fence for their new ducklings.  I could spend hours in that humongous Kroger.  I love grocery shopping. 

Tonight we are meeting up with a few friends at the Movie Tavern to see IronMan 2.  I am excited!  And I have a buy-one-get-one-free admission coupon, so that excites me all the more.

I will try to do better updating you on the haps.  I can't post any recent pictures because I left my camera in Nashville last weekend!  GRRR.

Short lung update:  Bloodwork showed no lung inflammation and my last CT was clear of lung nodules.  Dr B has taken me down to 5 mg of prednisone every other day, so I'm taking it on MW&F.  In 3 weeks, I will likely be DONE!  I also started on Imuran 50mg daily at the end of April when I saw my GI doc.  We are hoping that this med alone will control the Crohn's.  As always, thank you for the prayers.  I feel okay.  My worst battle is weight gain, but that will cease when I get off the steroids.  I will finally be able to fit back into my clothes.  Eeek.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! How was the movie? Glad to hear your lungs are behaving! :) It's always good to hear uplifting news! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you! Ooooh I love grocery shopping too! So relaxing, but I haven't enjoyed it as much lately, because I get halfway through the store and have the extreme desire to eat what's in my cart and / or take a nap.

    So glad to hear you health is stable.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog too. This bedrest has sort of made me feel as though I'm on an island by myself and low commenting doesn't help all that much =) Love you BUNCHES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed the relaxing grocery shopping and the movie!!! I LOVE coupons...so it excites me to read about your bargains!

    ReplyDelete