So I drove to Chattanooga this weekend to visit my hubby… We had such a great time together!! Friday evening, we went out for sushi with our friend, Dusty, then came back to the apartment and watched the Olympics before falling asleep. Saturday we played 9 holes of disc golf with Dusty then grabbed some lunch with Mom after she dropped Natalie off at church for a lake party. After lunch, we chilled out at the pool for a few hours. It was so nice to swim and get some sun!! My poor little pale body. My college buddy, Nick Garofalo, drove up from Atlanta to see me while I was in town. He provided lots of laughs for us, as usual. After Nick and Mom left the apartment, Chris and I got all dressed up to go downtown for date night! What a fun time. :) We ate a late dinner at a nice restaurant near the river then walked around for a little bit. It was so nice to be in Chattanooga again, and especially with my sweet husband. The downtown area has really been developed over the last three years... and they're still working on it.
Sunday morning we went to church with Natalie, mom and dad (got to see Natalie sing in the choir while on pain pills from her wisdom tooth extraction... an interesting site... poor thing) We went to lunch at my old fave restaurant, Taco Mac, then ran over to UTC to say hi to my other college buddy, Matt Broom. Chris and I said our goodbyes to the fam and went back to the apartment to take a good Sunday-afternoon-nap. We met up with Candace and Geoff for dinner and a milkshake and then unfortunately I had to leave. :(
So I get on interstate 24 and take the wrong exit for 840. I go west when I was supposed to go east… who would think you’d take the Knoxville exit to go towards Nashville? Not me. So I drive almost 45 minutes away from Mount Juliet, which is where I’m supposed to pick up my dog. Lovely. I decided to just backtrack and spend the night at the in-laws’ house and drive to work early the next morning. Probably was a good decision, b/c I was exhausted. And mad. I made it to work at noon with no hard feelings from my boss. That’s what vacation hours are for I guess.
Anyway, I think I’ll hook up the GPS system in the car now.

No comments:
Post a Comment