PregnancyTicker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

MS 150 Bike Tour

Saturday and Sunday are quickly approaching... I'm biking in the Multiple Sclerosis FedEx Rock'n'Roll Ride. It's a 75-mile ride each day (Graceland to Tunica and back). We're staying at Harrah's for the night. Fortunately for me, there are these great things called SAG vehicles that not only will repair your bike for you if it breaks, but will also give you and your bike a ride if you poop out. I forsee having to ride the SAG. They'll take you whatever distance you want or need to go. I am hoping that I can at least finish the whole 75 miles on Saturday. That's a long way and I'm going to do my best. I'll go as far as I can on Sunday, maybe ride the SAG for a little bit, then bike the last 10 or 20 miles in to the finish. Although, by the grace and power of God, I might be able to do the whole thing.... but probably not... I'm not setting unrealistic goals for myself. I am new to cycling and didn't have enough to time to properly train for this insane endeavor. Again, I'm going to give it my best and that's all I can do. After all, the purpose of this ride is not to see how fast you can complete it- it's not even a race. The real purpose is to push yourself to ride for those with MS who can't ride a bike. That is our motivation to try hard to succeed. Your donations make all the difference, and thank you to all who have contributed to the cause thus far. I have three friends at work whose immediate family members have MS- I am riding for them. I am riding for a cure. I, too, might need a cure of some sort once I finish this ride, so I will be taking personal donations to pay for my hospital bill later! Haha, I'm kidding.

Please pray for all of the riders' safety this weekend. Pray for our health. And pray for a cure for MS.


You can donate to the MS Society and sponsor my ride here:
http://biketns.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/TNSBikeEvents?pg=pfind&fr_id=9290


p.s. Thank you team captain (Steve Franklin) for letting me borrow the AWESOME Felt roadbike... it will make my life so much easier this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are going to do great! We are proud of you for even trying. My aunt has MS and I am truly grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete