Today was my first follow up visit post-hospital-release. I went to see the cardiothoracic surgeon- Dr. Reda.
I got a chest x-ray done, which apparently is clear of "infiltrates"! Dr. Reda said it looked remarkable!! I get a chest CT done next week, so we'll see if there are any visible nodules on that scan. Having the chest x-ray be clear is a GREAT improvement!!!
Also, the thoracotomy incision looks great- it is healing really nicely. Doc took all the little "steri-strips" off in the office today. The two chest tube holes are healing as well- one better than the other, but Dr. Reda said they shouldn't really scar, which is good news. I don't mind a little scarring from my battle wounds- one of my friends said I just say I was attacked by a ninja. I think I'll stick to that story.
Overall, an excellent report. I am clearly getting better, one day at a time... and it is thanks to all of the prayers I have received from friends and family. Thank you so much for your love and concern for me.
Next week I see the pulmonologist and my internal medicine PCP. I'll let you know the report from the CT and those two visits. :) I see a GI doc (FINALLY!) on Sept 21. Hopefully, a lot of decisions will be made that day about my disease maintenance/care.
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever."
1 Chron. 16:34

girl! we are praying for you! I love the horse background. Is that in homage to KY?
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hezr things are looking up! Oh and I LOVE the ninja story!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear things are going well for you! I hope you continue to receive good test results.
ReplyDelete