It is absolutely gorgeous outside today!! 75 degrees, sunny, clear and a light breeze. Makes me feel like I have a lot more energy than I actually do. It has been really hard to "rest" these last few weeks. Normally, I am like an Energizer Bunny... so sitting around being restricted by my weak muscles, non-fully-functional lungs and really sore surgery site is about to drive me crazy. Fortunately, I gain more self-sufficiency each day that passes. I went from being unable to shower on my own on August 19, to doing laundry and loading/unloading the dishwasher today! Me and Topher even had date night on Friday! AND went furniture shopping on Saturday, although that absolutely wore me out.
Anywho, in my attempts to rest yet still enjoy the beautiful day that the Lord hath made, I sat on the back patio glider and read the rest of my book (The Friday Night Knitting Club, by Kate Jacobs):
Several girls from the Side by Side group in Memphis had read this and recommended it, so I bought it like eight months ago but just got around to reading it. It's 630 pages, but it goes quickly. :) As a warning, there is some bad language in it, but it's relatively sparce. I'm trying to decide what book I want to start next. Or maybe I should concentrate on finishing crocheting the blanket I started a year ago so I'll have it ready by winter...


No comments:
Post a Comment