I see the GI doc tomorrow (Dr. de Villiers). I have decided that I will not be getting on medication just yet since my options suck at this point. Instead, I will be adhering to an anti-inflammatory (and Biblical-type) diet. I'm going to combine the principles from The Maker's Diet and Inflammation Nation to hopefully stop my disease from spreading any further and help heal the disease that is already present. I did not get good news from my colonoscopy last month, so Lord help me, we are going to fix this. I decided that it is unfair to ask the Lord for divine healing, then stuff my face with chicken fingers, french fries and ice cream. I do love my veggies, but I also love my hamburgers from Five Guys. But I gotta be healthier. The Lord needs me healthy so that I am more useful for His kingdom work.
I plan to start my new and glorious life on Sunday Nov 1! Please pray. I am ready to be healed.
Psalm 103:2-4
2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- 3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.James 5:15-16
15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

So how does Col 3:2 fit in with all of this?
ReplyDeleteI will definitely partner with you to pray for your discipline and healing. Love your perspective.
And admittedly, I know nothing about your disease, but if it's diet you're changing and don't have any issues with wheat I'd be happy to share what I've learned about eating/cooking whole grains. Five years ago I switched to making our bread from fresh wheat - milling my own flour and the works - I would have never believed the health difference if I didn't experience it myself. Let me know if you want to check it out.
Love ya (and your chipmunk cheeks :) )~
Kelley
Oh Sara....I really love your attitude! I wish more than anything to think like that on a consistent basis. God bless you in your efforts. It's so hard, isn't it? I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOU! We are praying for you and for your healing! Good luck with the new way of eating. (I don't like calling it a diet... too scarry sounding!)
ReplyDelete