The other day I was taking Avery for a short little walk and on our way back up the driveway, this cute little Yorkie appears out of nowhere and was following us to the front door. If you know my dog, then you know he loves people, but HATES dogs... especially dogs that are smaller than him. So as soon as Avery realizes he is behind us, he turns around and viciously tries to eat Yorkie. I am frantically trying to shorten the leash and keep Ave off of the poor little thing but the stupid dog keeps trotting up to Avery and trying to be friends! Why?! Anyway, Yorkie is sniffing Avery and my crazy dog is growling and trying to bite him. Ok, I've got to get my dog in the house. So I open the door and try to unhook the leash, but here comes Yorkie happily trotting into the house. EEK!
Side note: Chris is asleep in the office after a 15-hour night shift.
Avery is freaking out and now Yorkie is hiking on Christopher's backpack! "NOOOOOOOO!" I scream, in a whisper. He gets out a drop, which lands on our brand new carpet. DANG IT, DOG! I drag Avery into our bedroom and he commences screeching and barking because he knows I'm alone with the Intruder. Yorkie is merrily investigating our house like it's his own. I scoop him up and take him outside to attempt to find his owner. I leave Avery in the bedroom and I pray that Chris can't hear him yelping across the house.
By the way, it's 2:00 pm and I'm still in my pajamas with no make-up on and some wild hair that has not been combed yet. I pinned the sides back with little clippies but I still looked like something the cat dragged in. Yikes.
The Yorkie has a collar (blue with diamond studs. classy.) but he has no ID tag.
Side note: Please make sure your dog or cat has a tag with a phone number or address.
The first lady I went to wouldn't come outside and talk to me. We conversed through the glass storm door. She attempted to point me in the right direction, but I failed.
The second door I went to was also the wrong one and she had no idea who the dog belonged to. She suggested I post an email on the lost and found with the HOA but I couldn't house the dog until then- Avery would eat him.
Then first lady comes outside and points to the house that I was supposed to go to... ended up being my next door neighbor. I ring their doorbell and I hear some guy yell: "Hey, somebody found your dog!" I handed over the pup and a girl comes out of the garage and thanks me profusely for keeping an eye out and returning him. She didn't know how he got out!
I went back home and rescued Avery from the entrapment of the bedroom. He sped around the house, nose to the ground, hunting for Yorkie. He frantically sniffed my clothes and became extremely agitated that I had picked up another dog.
Oh the craziness.
And Chris somehow slept through the whole thing. Thank goodness for ear plugs.

Fun!
ReplyDeleteI too am in my pjs and it's almost 4pm.
We live such hard lives! :):):)
Ha ha ha!!! I seriously laughed out loud!!! I felt like I was there with you!
ReplyDelete