Anyway, I broke down on Friday and went to the UK Clinic because Christopher clearly could not fix me at home. I peed in a cup and the results were blood and leukocytes. So I got put on Cipro for treatment of pyelonephritis (aka: kidney infection)
Pain got worse over the weekend. You're supposed to get better when you're on antibiotics. Puked on Sunday night, randomly... I'm guessing from the pain.
So I went back to the clinic on Monday and told them I'm worse. The bacteria culture from Friday was negative which = no kidney infection, so the geniuses did a chest x-ray. (WHY?! I have no idea.) Surprise! They found nothing on that! Still had blood and leukocytes in the pee test, so I was ordered to get a CT. That's where I went today and why I say "I'm sorry, my little eggies"

Young, child-bearing-age women need to avoid being imaged if at all possible. It's not good for the ovaries... bad to fry the eggs, so to speak.
I had to get a lot of imaging done during the diagnosis of Crohn's disease three years ago, so I am sad that it came to this today. Hopefully God chose to protect my little babies in there!! :)
ANYWAY, I am awaiting a phone call from the P.A. to tell me if I have kidney stones... or something else random. We'll see. He's supposed to call me by 7:00 pm. Bah.

Sorry to hear that you are having horrible pain! I hope the doctors figure out what is going wrong.
ReplyDeleteSad to hear of this pain. I'll keep you and your eggs lifted in prayer.
ReplyDelete