I went to see the pulmonologist yesterday and my chest CT revealed a 75-80% improvement in my lungs! Praise the Lord! Many of the nodules are completely gone and the rest are significantly reduced in size. It will be no time before my lungs are clear. Totally clear.
Also, Dr. Bensadoun said there is no visible evidence of lung tissue damage on the CT. I was worried about this since the nodules were so large and the docs were calling them "necrobiotic." He said I might have some minimal scarring, but he isn't worried about it. Especially in regards to lung function. So again, Praise the Lord!
He dropped my prednisone dose down to 40 mg/day (I was on 60), and I'll stay on that dose for two weeks until I go see him again on the 18th when we shall re-assess the status of my lungs. I'm excited that I am able to start tapering off these steroids... and consequently eating less like a cow and more like a human being.
Thank you for the prayers. I am healing.

Glad to hear your doing better and got a good note from the Doctor.
ReplyDelete