PregnancyTicker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, October 1, 2009

stay-cation

Chris had four days off in a row this past weekend, so we had a "Staycation" here in Lexington.

Saturday- PAINTING & FOOTBALL
I went painting at the Mad Potter with my friend Julie and her mom and sis.  The girl at the counter threatened not to put my platter in the kiln!  Tennessee-haters up here in Kentucky.
We got some Butt Rub BBQ (real place, I swear- and it was actually quite good), then watched UK get demolished by Florida.  And watched poor Tim Tebow get banged around and sent to the UK emergency room.  No, Chris was not working that evening, so he didn't get to see him.

Chris had a friend over to our house and they watched the UT game online since *lame* it was not on TV.  GO VOLS!

Sunday- CHURCH and NAP!
Chris and I are getting plugged into a church here, slowly but surely.  We went to the Pathfinders sunday school class for the first time.  This is a group of young married couples, but Chris and I were clearly the youngest in there.  Perhaps some of the mid-twenties folks were absent last week??

We grabbed lunch at Five Guys burger joint, which was absolutely delicious, as always.

Stuffed and happy, we napped Sunday afternoon.

Later that evening, Mark and Donya came up and we went to Jalapenos, which is our favorite Mexican restaurant in Lexington that we have so far discovered.

Monday- SHAKER VILLAGE
We spent most of the day touring the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill in Harrodsburg, KY.  I don't think it could have been any more beautiful outside all day long.  GORGEOUS fall weather.  The Shakers were a strange religious group that died out in the early 1900s because they were celibate.  (um, duh...)  Anyway, it was neat to hear about their way of life and walk through the homes and meeting houses that were built in the 1800s.  Plus I got to pet a goat.  The highlight of my day.  The only bummer was that I coughed up a lung all day.  Little did I know, I had the swine flu... hope I didn't give it to anyone.

Standing outside the main Centre Home- HUGE house with 14 bedrooms


Christopher and Donya waiting to peer inside one of the bedrooms


Room where they preserved and packaged up seeds from the harvest


Me and Topher out in the beautiful fields near the barn


Playing on the tree swing


Don't mess with this guy. 2500 lbs of pure meanness.


Feedin' the sheep


Goats.  I pet the crazy one trying to climb over her momma.


Giant bizarre twisted up tree in downtown Harrodsburg



Tuesday- RUINED... sick with the pig flu
We did nothing because I woke up feeling worse than I did on Monday and I had a fever.  So Donya took me to the doctor and then we all just sat at home all day and felt sorry for ourselves because our last staycation day was in shambles.  I had plans for us to go horseback riding, ride in the horse-drawn carriage downtown and go out to eat some place nice for dinner.  Oh well.  Oh, Mark and Chris installed a new kitchen faucet- hurray!

We had a really great 3-day weekend and it was probably a good thing to have rested on Tuesday.  I still got quality time with hub, so all was well.  =)

2 comments:

  1. sounds like so much fun!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Sara! Did you really have the swine flu? You poor thing. You have been put through the ringer this year. I LOVE the picture of you and Chris in the field. And how lucky are you that you can actually have a GOOD staycation in Lexington.....it's just not as fun to do in Memphis. I really miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete