PregnancyTicker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

match week festivities

I was spouse-less during match week because my sweet husband chose to follow God's calling and serve in El Salvador for the week on a medical mission trip. I went solo to the Crawfish Boil at the Watson's house on Tuesday night and had a great time. I actually cracked open and ate a few crawfish all by myself. Ha! Everyone was in green for St Patrick's day, including all the babies! I am lame and didn't take any photos of that evening. Sorry.

Thursday was the big day. All of Christopher's M4 classmates and significant others met at the Cadre building downtown to open the magic envelope, but I got a special phone call from El Salvador! Chris logged onto the NRMP website while on the phone with me to reveal our new home for at least the next three years. (I say "at least" b/c I may just want to plant myself in horse country forever... we'll see how the next few years pan out)!


My momma drove down from Oak Ridge on Thursday to spend the weekend with me (God bless her!!) We met a couple of friends for dinner that evening to celebrate the match! My friends are so kind to take care of me while Chris is gone!


Friday was the post-match pig-roasting. Mom and I represented for Christopher at the BBQ. I actually took pictures at this one. We had awesome fresh pulled pork BBQ. Yummo.




The pig-roasting pit.

pictured: Patrick Selph and Jonathan English




Momma introducing herself to April English and Sadie




Sweet little Caden Ogles


Zachariah Overby grilling up some BBQ chicken


Me and Momma by the bonfire.



Caden, Amy, Ricky, Robyn, Me, Jason, Katie and Drew
munchin' on some BBQ





Saturday was the main event (well, outside of Match Day Letter Opening!): The Caduceus Ball at the Peabody Hotel Grand Ball Room. If you're like me and have no idea what a "caduceus" is, it's the medical symbol as shown to the left. Makes so much more sense when you know what the heck it is. Anyway, Christopher was still out of the country, so mom was my date. We had a blast eating and dancing with my friends... mostly M4 wives. :) I can't remember the last time I was out until midnight...




Momma and I lookin' snazzy! :)




The incredibly creative white chocolate duck dessert stuffed with chocolate mousse and topped with fruit... and swimming in a cute little raspberry sauce pond.
P.S. The Peabody Hotel is famous for their ducks who march into the hotel every morning and go for a dip in the fountain. Pretty cute idea.



M4 wives: Sarah T, Lili V, Robyn O, Katie Y, and me


CONGRATULATIONS M4'S!!!!

2 comments:

  1. We had so much fun!!! Did you by chance get any pics of me and the hub dancing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you all! Enjoy this fun time at the end of fourth year. Anna

    ReplyDelete