I'm going back to see Dr. Bensadoun tomorrow. (We have become great pals this last year.) Tomorrow will mark the end of week 2 for the current prednisone taper, so I start 20mg on Saturday. I think I'm getting another chest x-ray and of course bloodwork done. And I'll cough up another office visit copay.
Fortunately it's jeans day at work tomorrow, so I don't have to roll up to UK in my scrubs like I usually do. Patients tend to stop me and ask where things are in the hospital (i.e. the nearest snack machine) and of course I do not know. Although, I have frequented UK hospital since July 2009, so I have an occasional answer.
Once I know about the status of my lungs, I will post another update.
My blog life has seriously struggled the last few months... if I do write, it's about my health... maybe because that is all that I seem to focus on sometimes. I promise that I have done lots of fun things, most of which I neglected to bring my camera to take any pictures. I'll try to do better.
Most recently, Chris and I went to the HMA (Housestaff Medical Alliance) Family Picnic on Saturday. About 40 of us (including kids) gathered at Masterson Station Park for a potluck picnic and socializing. :) It was a good time and surprisingly good weather- quite cool out. Then we headed over to play disc golf with a couple of friends. The weather turned instantly awful. And somehow a grasshopper crawled up my jeans causing me to have a spastic fit in the middle of the field. Embarrassing.
This Saturday Chris is working, so I will be going solo to a cookout for HMA at a friend's house. I'll take my camera. Hopefully I will take some pictures.
Updates coming...

No comments:
Post a Comment