Christopher and I have attended several parties this last month, which has been both fun and hectic.Somehow I managed NOT to take one single photograph at any of these events. Sad =(

Monday Dec. 12th, Chris and I had some friends over for a “Thanksmas” party. We roasted a turkey, made pumpkin pie, carrots, homemade eggnog and homemade whipped cream for the pie. Our six friends who came over brought the other sides, which we all gladly chowed down on! Chris and I set up our dining room table with a pretty red tablecloth along with our china and crystal glasses. It was really nice to use all of that stuff- it’s been boxed up since the move! Avery had a field day with our friend’s 14 month old son. Every time Jack screeched, Avery would screech… cute, but annoying. Eventually we had to lock Avery up in the bedroom because his barking was getting beyond obnoxious.
Thursday Dec. 17th, we went to two parties in one night. My work had their company party starting at 5:30. We went for about 30 minutes, grabbed some coffee, Chris snagged a few snacks, then we had to jet over to Versailles, KY for the CMDA Christmas Party at Dr. Randall’s home. We did not know a single person there, but we went to try and make some connections with the medical students and hopefully recruit some members for Side by Side. We had a great time, but I couldn’t eat any of the food there either. Ha! I cheated and had a roll, but it obviously didn’t kill me. Unfortunately, all of the women there were actually medical students already involved in Bible study, so none of them would really want to be part of Side by Side. But at least we had a wonderful time of Christian fellowship! Plus, we played Dirty Santa and I won a $10 giftcard to Kroger. Sweet! I used it to pay for my prednisone prescription. Nice.
Friday Dec. 18th we drove out to Bellewood Presbyterian Home for Children and helped serve food at their Christmas party. My friend, Martha, prepared the meal (she was the one who invited us out). This center is for moms and children who have no place to live. What a wonderful ministry. Anyway, Santa showed up and let all the kids sit on his lap, we served everyone supper, then handed out door prizes for the moms and cookie tins for the kids. It was a loud, crazy evening, but such a blessing to spend the evening with new people.Tomorrow is not a party, but everyone at work is bringing goodies to share. I made whole-wheat-honey-oatmeal-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip cookies. Whew, hahaha. And I’m bringing a veggie tray. =)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

WOW y'all are BUSY!!!
ReplyDelete