Mom and Dad bought me this One-Year Chronological Bible last year for Christmas and I started out reading it daily... then as most things go, I got more and more lazy until I eventually kept forgetting to even open the thing. So the Bible sat on my bookshelf, gathering dust.
Well, I'm starting over. In my 20+ years of knowing the Lord, I have never read the entire Bible all the way through. It's about time I got on that. I love the idea of reading it chronologically instead of just page by page, so that you get the whole story in order and events make sense.
I began reading last night. I read about creation, the fall of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, and the great flood of Noah.
Something new I learned was that God gave man permission to eat animals after the flood. Never knew that. (see Gen. 9:2-4)
I absolutely love rainbows, which is another thing I got to read about last night. Next time you see one in the sky, remember God's promise and His love for mankind:
"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the convenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
-Genesis 9:13-16
I hope to continue writing faithfully this year about new things I learn about God and Biblical history. I'm really excited about this.


No comments:
Post a Comment