I have been on my healthy eating plan since November 1, 2009. I have never felt better.
#1) I have no Crohn’s symptoms. Zero.
#2) I have lost pretty much all the excess weight gained from the 3-month regimen of steroids. (yippee!)
How I’m eating:
Extremely limited sugar (basically none)
No high fructose corn syrup or other syrups
No “white” foods: I’ve switched to 100% whole wheat flour (bread and pasta) and brown rice
No preservatives/artificial flavors/artificial colors
No hydrogenated oils (i.e. margarine)
No soda of any kind
No deep-fried food
No pork or shellfish (Although I don’t think these meats are sinful to eat, I do believe Leviticus 11 holds true for them being unclean.)
No cow’s milk (excluding yogurt, cheese, and butter)
I was having a serious craving for chocolate earlier this month, so Christopher bought me some 90% Dark Cocoa chocolate. It was awesome, but I love dark chocolate anyway. It had like 3 grams of sugar in four whole squares. =)
This way of eating is such an improvement in quality of life, especially the healthy body weight. I definitely recommend this “diet” for anyone who has an illness like Crohn’s, UC, MS, IBS, etc. I don’t have any credentials and certainly cannot make any promises about miraculous healing. However, I am a perfect example of 100% improvement just by changing the way I eat.
I understand that if you have no “real” reason to change the way you eat, it would be really hard to stay motivated in your avoidance of potato chips, ice cream, cookies, fried food and other such junk. But perhaps you could severely limit the intake of these foods instead of cutting them out completely. Plus, once you get used to eating fruit instead of sugar, it’s much easier to resist the donuts that people insist on bringing to the office on a weekly basis. :)
I wish more people would eat their veggies and fruits… we’d save so much money on healthcare costs… but that’s another story…

So excited for your awesome report! I'm with you when it comes to a good diet leading to good health, although, admittedly I'm not as stringent as you are. You've got to let me turn you on to milling your own wheat. It's simple really and has revolutionized our health. Email me your address and I'll send you the educational info I have for you to check out - it's an audio cd. I think you'd find it to be a great compliment to your new lifestyle. Let me know if you're interested...and "yay!" again. I'm happy for you! What a wonderful answer to prayer :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so cool! is it a lot more expensive to eat this way? Oh and is your Hub in on the diet with you?
ReplyDelete