PregnancyTicker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, September 24, 2009

don't mess with me and my coupons

I had a coupon for buy three cans of Hunts tomatoes and get one free.  I love coupons, especially for free things.  This particular one came from Kroger, although it was a Manufacturer Coupon, so it's technically good anywhere even though Kroger has plastered its logo at the bottom.  Thanks, Kroger.

So I go to Walmart the other day and buy the tomatoes.  At check-out, the cashier, who appeared to hate her life, will not accept my "in-store" coupon as she wrongly called it. "We don't take those here." 

I promptly said "Yes, you do."  She gave me the look of death like I didn't know what I was talking about and how dare I question her.  Funny- I just used one of these same "Kroger" coupons at another Walmart like 4 days ago. 

And that wasn't the first time either.  Trust me, I know how to use coupons.

I told her not once, but at least FOUR TIMES that the coupon was not an "in-store" Kroger coupon even though the logo was on it, but instead was a Manufacturer's Coupon (as I pointed to the phrase on the top) and was indeed good at her location.  She argued with me.  I told her to scan it anyway.  Much to my dismay, the stupid thing didn't scan of course.  To make herself feel better, she mosied over and asked the next-door cashier, "We don't take them in-store coupons, riiiight?"  OF COURSE YOU DON'T TAKE KROGER IN-STORE COUPONS BECAUSE THIS IS WALMART.  I am not an idiot.  If you're going to phrase it that way, of course the lady is going to agree with you.  UGH!  So when she returned to the register, I politely pointed out again that it was NOT an in-store coupon and was a manufacturer coupon.

Side note: The Kroger "in-store" coupons actually SAY "IN-STORE COUPON" at the top.

Stubborn mule wouldn't budge.  There were people waiting in line behind me.  I envisioned myself leaping across the counter and strangling her until she agreed to take my coupon!  But I dropped it.  So I told her she could just unscan my four cans of tomatoes and I would buy them at Kroger.

I'm sure the Prednisone made me angrier than I actually would have been normally.  But I knew I was right, so I was infuriated.  Yes, it was over a $1.00 coupon.  But I am a woman of principle and I hate injustice.  And apparently Walmart managers need to train their employees better.

I bought my tomatoes at Kroger today and they are sitting happily in my pantry, no thanks to Walmart.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love cashiers who aren't trained well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you! The way you word it is so funny b/c I can imagine my own rage if I were in that situation. hehehe funny post!

    ReplyDelete