PregnancyTicker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

pedicure

Since Christopher has gone back to working, my momma drove up here Tuesday night so that I could have someone take me to the doctor yesterday and today and be a second set of ears at the appointments.  (Thanks, momma!!)  Today, I'm off to see Dr. Deep (my PCP).

We spent all morning yesterday wandering around the hospital since my CT was at 9:20 and my appointment with Bensadoun wasn't until 11.  We grabbed some breakfast from the cafe and a Starbucks coffee and talked about everything that is wrong with the world.  It is settled that everyone just needs Jesus Christ.

After my appointment, we went to Tuesday Morning to attempt to find mom a rug for her living room.  No success.  We grabbed lunch at Panera (yummo!) and then mom hunted around TJ MAXX while I vegged out in the car.  I was in a lot of pain yesterday for some reason (knot in my back and ribs hurting) 

We met my sweet friend, Julie, at The Salon Professional Academy at 3:00 to get pedicures.  It was sooooo nice to sit there and get my feet pampered.  It was funny, though, because the girl who did mine got to the part where she was supposed to paint my toes and she says outloud "yeah, I'm good at all this except the painting part."  I immediately heard the sound of a scratching record in my head (wickywickyWHAT?)  Um, awesome, don't say that outloud.  She chuckled and was like, "yeah I can paint my own better than other people's."  Well, I kindly said "I believe in you!  You can do it!"  o.m.goodness.

Unfortunately she was right- she was not a stellar painter.  But technically, I am getting a student pedicure, so how much can I actually complain?  And they don't look bad at all.  She just put too many coats on there and painted all kinds of crazy directions.  It's all good.  Here's my toesies:



Anyway, after pedicures, the three of us went to Billy's BBQ for early supper.  Coming from Memphis, I am very spoiled.  Memphis has the BEST bbq ever.  Billy's was definitely edible, but it was no Memphis-style.  Man, I miss some bbq...

3 comments:

  1. I miss Memphis BBQ too!! There is just nothing like it! Seems like you had a great day with your mom. Hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling at the sound of Memphis bbq! Yummm! When I move back I say we make a mad dash to Memphis just to gorge ourselves on bbq ribs and nachos....ROAD TRIP!!!!!
    I am glad you got to get your toesies all pampered! You deserve it girl!!! Thanks for all your updates and encouraging messages about the Lord... it is why I love you and why I admire you and aspire to be more like you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! did you seriously just say "wickywickyWHAT?"! I laughed so hard I almost peed on myself! =)

    ReplyDelete