Yesterday I had a CT scan done before seeing the lung doctor. This was supposed to be a baseline CT since I've been off steroids for a month and feeling great.
Unfortunately, we did not get a happy face from Dr. B.
I have two new inflammatory nodules in my lungs, which means I am back on 60 mg of prednisone.
Oh sucky day.
It certainly was not the conversation we expected to have with the doc. We just knew he would come in the room, tell us my CT looked great minus some residual scarring from the thoracotomy and old nodules, but that everything was fine and he'd see us later! Or hopefully not see us later. But no. He broke the news and my tear ducts immediately became leaky. :(
BUT. At least I'm not in pain and we caught them early. Lord knows I do NOT want to end back up in the hospital. So I have to do steroids again. I don't know for how long. My prescription currently is 60 mg for 2 weeks then 40 mg for 4 weeks. Then I see the doc again and we'll talk about the next step.
I'm mad because I have finally lost all that extra weight from being on steroids the first time, my chipmunk face is gone, I can sleep at night, and I don't have 'roid rage. Now I have to go through all that again. Hopefully my healthy diet will help curb some of the weight gain. My food cravings are going to make me go insane, though...
Lord help me.
I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. -Philp 4:13
Probably a good idea to steer clear of me during the first few weeks. It is likely that I will bite your head off.

I am sorry to hear that Sarah! We'll be thinking about you. Have a Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSorry and sad to hear that :( but glad to know that our God is faithful and has you in the palm of His hand. Keep your eyes on Him and I'll keep praying for your healing and, um, "coping" skills. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you didn't get the news you hoped to have. You are right that it is a good thing it was caught early so you aren't in pain. I pray for your healing! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeletePraying for you lots sweet girl! I miss you so much!
ReplyDelete