PregnancyTicker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

oh man, these cookies are awesome!

I really don’t think there is such thing as a “healthy” cookie, but these are definitely a good choice for the health-conscious who really want a cookie. :)

Whole-Wheat-Honey-Oatmeal-PB-Chocolate-Chip cookies!

Recipe:
Preheat oven to 375˚ F

½ c. (1 stick) real butter, softened
½ c. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. honey
¼ c. natural peanut butter
2 large eggs
1½ c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 c. rolled oats
1 to 2 c. chocolate chips (I used two of couse!)

Cream together the butter, applesauce, PB, honey and eggs.

Add flour, baking soda, salt, oats and choc chips. Mix well.

Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheet. (Use a teaspoon for smaller cookies)
     I recommend putting parchment paper on the cookie sheet first. You don’t have to grease anything and the cookies slide right off!

Bake at 375˚ for 10 to 12 minutes.

YUMMY!

p.s.  This a recipe for cakey-type cookies.  They are light and kinda fluffy.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you and your DH, y'all look so happy. I will have to try the cookies. There are some great pumpkin chocolate chip cookies too on hungrygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! Will definately have to try these pronto! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete